Home Brewing Recipes: Rye IPA
Recipe Type: Rye IPA
This beer sits right around 70 IBU and 8% alcohol. It has pronounced citrus aroma. The flavor is also very citrusy with some herbal notes. The rye is light but noticeable. The color turned out to be a dark copper with a little red. I really enjoy this beer for a medium hopped Rye IPA. The OG should hit Around 1.080 and the FG should be around 1.018.
- .5 lbs Crystal 90
- 1.5 lb. American Rye malt
- 6 lbs Plain Light Briess DME
- 2 lbs Plain Amber DME
- 2 Oz Citra leaf 1 Oz 10 min/1 Oz dry hopped secondary
- 1 Oz Chinook pellet 60 min
- 1 Oz cascade 25 min
- 1 Oz Centennial leaf dry hopped secondary
- Safale US-05 dry yeast
- ¼ lbs brown sugar end of boil
- Steep specialty grains at 155F for 25 min. Remove and rinse with 1 cup hot water. Bring to boil Add DME and Chinook hops. Add 1 Oz cascade at 25 min left. Add 1 Oz Citra with 10 minutes left. At the end of boil add ¼ lb brown sugar.
- Primary fermentation = 10 days, After 10 days rack into secondary and add 1 Oz Citra leaf and 1 Oz centennial leaf for dry hopping.
- Secondary fermentation = 5 days
- Bottle/keg, enjoy